23 October 2011

D-7 My new family in Hebron

Yesterday afternoon, I have been relocated to Hebron, where I will be giving my second week of chess training in another centre.
When arriving in the neighbourhood of my new family, I felt quite "impressed" by the situation: there are no proper streets, the place is full of junks, and kids are playing in the middle of it.
I felt better when entering the building as the flat was clean and the family is really nice.
They have 3 kids of 14, 12 and 5 years old, and I like them a lot already: they look very happy and full of energy.


The mom and dad are actually cousins (first degree cousins!)... and got married when she was 15 and he was 27... Once again, a cultural shock ...
The mom speaks a bit english and we had some interesting conversation. I explained her that a marriage between cousins is legal in my country but very rare and she was having a hard time understanding why.
Her oldest son is quite sick though, he has some real sight issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment